The one day training workshop is aimed at those working in the MedTech sector with no prior programming or data analytics experience. Using a Jupyter notebook environment the workshop will teach participants how to perform data manipulation, data analysis and data visualisation in Python. On completion of the workshop of the participants will be able to understand the capabilities of data analytics and align business goals with techniques. Programming will be performed in a Jupyter notebook environment. Jupyter notebooks are powerful and compelling tools, and have become ultra popular among data scientists. A Jupyter notebook is a document that supports mixing executable code, equations, visualizations, and narrative text and allows to generate reports dynamically. It is a free and open source platform.
- Introduction to Python;
- Loading and manipulating data (reshaping, missing values);
- Data visualisation;
- Descriptive Statistics (mean, standard deviation, etc);
- Inferential Statistics (anova, regression, classification).
On completion of the workshop particpants will be able to:
1. Write basic scripts in Python;
2. Visualise data;
3. Summarise data;
4. Draw conclusions from data;
5. Generate reports from Jupyter notebooks.
Date: 7th October 2019
Venue: GMIT, Old Dublin Road, Galway
Cost: €300 per participant
Register: To reserve a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org