Job Title: Biomedical Scientist
Reporting: Dr Liam Morris, Academic Director
Location: GMIT, Galway
Duration: 18 months Fixed-Term Contract
Enterprise Ireland funded MET Technology Gateway has been delivering applied biomedical engineering research that actively supports the MedTech sector. MET provides to our business partners technologies which accelerate the medical device design and validation process. ISO 9001 accredited, MET is now internationally recognised as a world class innovation solution provider for industry.
The centre is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and talented post-doctoral researcher to work with its partners in the development of a technology to inform the design of medical device.
• PhD in Biomedical Engineering/Science or equivalent research/industrial experience
*EU defines PhD equivalent 4 years fulltime research after primary degree.
- Publication track-record and strong technical report writing and presentation skills.
- An influential team member and fully motivated.
- Good communication skills as well as ability to work in a team culture.
- Good initiative, flexibility and good organisational skills.
- Technical troubleshooting skills.
- Work closely with PI’s to deliver the industry specific projects and agreed specifications on agreed timescales.
- Assist the Centre Director and PI’s generate equipment ideas and concepts in collaboration with industry partners and clinicians.
- Assist in planning and implementing the research project activities.
- Work and interact on a day to day basis with other team members as required.
- Share responsibility for ensuring that research project timelines are adhered to.
- Perform research and technical tasks as assigned.
- Ensure that research requirements in terms of documentation of the project activities, milestones, etc., are implemented and adhered to.
- Develop relationships with academic collaborators, clinicians and industry partner representatives.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks, research records and generate technical reports and data as required by the management team.
- Ensure that project work is performed in line with Health and Safety and other relevant Institute policies.
- Assist the Centre Director in written and oral report preparation.
- Maintain confidentiality of all background IP, foreground IP, and research results emerging from the project.
- Assist in the identification of intellectual property generated in the work-programme.
- Provide training to other team members as required.
- Prepare and deliver project progress presentations.
Salary: IUA Researcher Level 2 €37,223.00 (Point 1) – €45,540.00 (Point 8)
Starting Salary is dependent on funding availability and experience, and will also be market-driven and discipline-related.
Further information on the position may be obtained from Dr Liam Morris, Senior Principal Investigator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interested applicants should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae including a personal statement as to how you meet the requirements of the post described to email@example.com
The Human Resources Department
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
Telephone No. + 353 91 742766/742767 /742740
Latest date for receipt of completed application is: 12 noon on Monday, 28th January 2019.
Please note: Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. Candidates must hold a valid work permit/hosting agreement to work in Ireland. Garda Vetting will apply.
The Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras trí Ghaeilge.