Enterprise Ireland funded MET Technology Gateway provides to our business partners technologies which accelerate the medical device design and validation process. In collaboration with our industry partner, the centre is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and talented researcher to work on the development of a technology to inform the design of next generation medical devices.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for this 12-month position.
- B.Eng in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or B.Sc. in Physics or equivalent qualifications.
- Relevant expertise in materials and associated electrical properties.
- Proficiency in 3D Modelling (ProEngineer, Solidworks).
- Relevant expertise in modelling and finite element analysis
- Must be able to plan, organise, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
- Publication track-record and strong technical report writing and presentation skills
- Experience in using Labview software is an advantage
- An influential team member and fully motivated
- Good communication skills as well as ability to work in a team culture are required
- Good initiative, flexibility and good organisational skills
- Technical troubleshooting skills
- Aware of the standards required for medical device testing
- Analyse and convert medical data sets to create clinically bio-potential and bio-impedance simulators for the testing of percutaneous electrodes.
- Assist in planning and implementing the work activities of the research programme with both MET and the industry team members
- Execute project activities within a diverse team within the agreed timelines.
- Work and interact on a day to day basis with other team members as required.
- Perform research and technical tasks as assigned
- Maintain laboratory notebooks, research records and generate technical reports and data as required by the management team
- Ensure that project work is performed in line with Health and Safety and other relevant Institute policies
- Maintain confidentiality of all background IP, foreground IP, and research results emerging from the project
- Report regularly on progress and future areas for improvement and development.
- Demonstrate technical ability through the application of engineering skills & approaches.
- Communicate ideas & information clearly and effectively with industry and outside suppliers; interface with vendors and other technical consultants when required.
- Create electrical and assembly detailed drawings utilising CAD modelling software.
- Review other simulation systems to determine state of the art in the field.
Salary: €38,750.00 – €46,853
Starting Salary is dependent on funding availability and experience, and will also be market-driven and discipline-related.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae including a personal statement as to how you meet the requirements of the post described to email@example.com
The Human Resources Department
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
Telephone No. + 353 91 742766/742767/742740
Latest date for receipt of completed application is: 12 noon, on Thursday 31st January 2019
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Candidates must hold a valid work permit/hosting agreement to work in Ireland. Garda Vetting will apply.
The Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras trí Ghaeilge.