- Job Title: Commercial Lead
- Reporting to: Dr Liam Morris (Senior Principal Investigator)
- Location: MET Technology Gateway, Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT), Galway
- Duration: 9 month fixed-term contract [There is flexibility regarding the working week & duration of contract]
- Funding Agency: Enterprise Ireland.
- This project is co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under Irelands European Structural and Investment Funds Programme 2014-2020.
- Funding Type: Commercialisation Fund CF-2017-0676-P
- Project Title: Development of an endovascular device for the treatment of heart failure.
GMIT’s Medical Engineering Technology Gateway integrates a multidisciplinary team of researchers collaborating to provide clinically inspired solutions to clinicians and the MedTech Sector. GMIT’s MET Gateway delivers unique research, design and development to advance pre-clinically relevant in vitro simulators that replicate various parts of the human anatomy. A team from the MET research centre, led by Dr Liam Morris, are developing a novel endovascular device for the treatment of heart failure”. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates with significant commercial experience for this 9 month full-time fixed term position as a Commercial Executive on the project, to support the development of a start-up company. This position will be based in the MET Technology Gateway at Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, Galway campus. :Minimum Requirements • Primary degree or equivalent. • Minimum of 3-5 years commercial experience in the medical device industry or in a medical device based start-up. • A strong commercial track record and excellent business credentials.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Primary degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years commercial experience in the medical device industry or in a medical device based start-up
- A strong commercial track record and excellent business credentials.
- The candidate should have experience in some or all of the following:
- A qualification in Business or Marketing advantageous
- Health economics assessment
- Marketing analysis
- Previous start-up and founding leadership experience, preferably in the MedTech industry
- Customer discovery and validation, identification and validation (de-risking) of commercial opportunity from early stage technologies
- Establishing a product strategy, business model and path to market for new (unproven) technologies to secure early adopter customers and potential seed investors
- Developing of investment strategy and fund-raising through Venture Capital or Angel investors
- Creating relevant industry contacts and networks (e.g. investors, customers, channels) and ability to leverage same
- Engaging and communicating with potential investors.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Perform the role of Commercial Executive to develop a start-up company
- Develop the commercial roadmap for the start-up company
- Development of a commercial and marketing strategy constituting the most commercially attainable and attractive opportunity for the technology
- Conduct an in depth Market Analysis of the heart failure market, and validate the market opportunity with end users and potential trial partners and/or early adopters
- Complete investor-ready business plan for external and internal stakeholders
- Development of an investment and financing strategy that is capable of leveraging private and state equity investment options as appropriate
- Secure external investment to build and scale the company to its next stage of development / funding
- Identifying funding sources (national and international) and completing applications for same
- Engage and communicate with customers and other stakeholders
- Maintain confidentiality of all background IP, foreground IP, and research results emerging form this project
- Attend regular meetings with project team and other stakeholders
- Ensure that project work is performed in line with Health and Safety and other relevant Institute policies.
Salary: €53,776.00 per annum
Further information on the position may be obtained from Dr Liam Morris, Senior Principal Investigator (firstname.lastname@example.org). _________________________________________________________________
Interested applicants should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae including a personal statement as to how you meet the requirements of the post described to email@example.com
The Human Resources Department
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
Dublin Road Galway Ireland.
Telephone No. + 353 91 742766/742767 /742740
Latest date for receipt of completed application is: 12 noon on Friday, 11th January 2019.
Please note: Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. Candidates must hold a valid work permit/hosting agreement to work in Ireland. Garda Vetting will apply.
The Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras trí Ghaeilge.