Enterprise Ireland funded MET Technology Gateway provides to our business partners technologies which accelerate the medical device design and validation process. In collaboration with our industry partner Neuravi Ltd part of J&J, the centre is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and talented researcher to work on the development of a technology to inform the design of next generation medical devices.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for this two-year position.
Job Title: Research Engineer – Biomechanical Engineering (2 Year Fixed Term)
• Honours Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience in the design and R&D of medical devices
• An influential team member and fully motivated,
• Good communication skills as well as ability to work in a team culture,
• Good initiative, flexibility and good organisational skills,
• Technical troubleshooting skills.
• Experience in maintaining confidential information
• Work closely with PI’s to deliver the industry specific projects and agreed specifications on agreed timescales.
• Assist the Centre Director and PI’s generate equipment ideas and concepts in collaboration with industry partner and clinicians.
• Assist in planning and implementing the research project activities.
• Work and interact on a day to day basis with other team members as required.
• Share responsibility for ensuring that research project timelines are adhered to.
• Perform research and technical tasks as assigned.
• Ensure that research requirements in terms of documentation of the project activities, milestones, etc., are implemented and adhered to.
• Develop and maintain relations with academic, clinical and industry partners.
• Maintain laboratory notebooks, research records and generate technical reports and data as required by the management team.
• Ensure that project work is performed in line with Health and Safety and other relevant Institute policies.
• Assist the Centre Director in written and oral report preparation.
• Maintain confidentiality of all background IP, foreground IP, and research results emerging from the project.
• Assist in the identification of intellectual property generated in the work-programme.
• Provide training to other team members as required.
• Prepare and deliver project progress presentations.
Salary: €39,138.00 – €53,243.00
Starting Salary is dependent on funding availability and experience, and will also be market-driven and discipline-related.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae including a personal statement as to how you meet the requirements of the post described to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Resources Department
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
Telephone No. + 353 91 742766/742767/742740
Latest date for receipt of completed application is: 12 noon Friday 18th May 2018
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Candidates must hold a valid work permit/hosting agreement to work in Ireland.
Garda Vetting will apply.