Title: MET Gateway Business Development Engineer (Fixed term to December 2022)
Technology Gateway – MET
Enterprise Ireland Medical and Engineering Technologies (MET) Gateway based in GMIT’s Galway Campus provides our clients innovative solutions which accelerate the medical device design and validation processes.
Applications are invited for the post of Technology Gateway Business Development Engineer, Medical & Engineering Technologies (MET), at Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, as funded under Enterprise Ireland’s Technology Gateway programme. The Business Development Engineer will be part of the core staff funded under the Enterprise Ireland MET Technology Gateway.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience within the MedTech or equivalent research/industry field.
Candidates ideally demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working with clients, managing the client interface, and developing and agreeing high quality project proposals and/or quotations, in conjunction with R&D colleagues, and in response to client requirements.
- Customer relationship management – have a track record of developing, managing and sustaining customer relationships with industry based clients.
- Knowledge of industrial requirements for the design of Medical Devices
- Experience in product design and development
- Experience working with both academic or industrial project partners
- Strong knowledge of technological research strategies and trends
- Marketing/promotional experience including development of relevant promotional materials (such as brochures, case studies, newsletters, blogs, website content).
- Experience of participation in successful inter-disciplinary research programmes
- Familiarity with the academic and industrial research environments and willingness to contribute to the group as a whole to develop projects.
- Good organizational skills
- An ability to manage resources
- Excellent team working, interpersonal, communications and presentation skills particularly in relation to dealing with senior personnel from industry, agencies and internal stakeholders
- Self-starter – ability to work on own initiative within clearly defined guidelines
- Strong track record of working with the MedTech sector
- Good knowledge of IT and its application to the MedTech sector
- Self-motivated, reliable, hard-working with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of national research funding mechanisms
- Evidence of proficiency in grant-writing and securing funding
The Technology Gateway Business Development Engineer manager will:
- Promote the Technology Gateway as a resource for local and national industry with provision of access to expertise/resources/facilities, to include ongoing maintenance and development of the gateway website and related marketing and promotional materials.
- Market the technology gateway and engage with industry partners to generate targeted levels of industrial engagement and collaborative research projects.
- Develop new partnerships with companies in relevant sectors in order to initiate industry informed research projects.
- Attend networking meetings, provide Technology Gateway Manager with agreed reports, and attend review meetings as required by VP of Research & Innovation to monitor the progress of the Gateway.
- Participate in the generation of proposals, in conjunction with internal research associates and external clients/collaborators, for completion of contract and/or collaborative industry research projects.
- Establish a company contact ‘pipeline’ and proactively manage this with the Gateway Manager on an on-going basis utilising appropriate support tools and processes.
- Facilitate access to equipment and facilities where relevant.
- Act as a point of contact for industry with the applied research activities of the Institute as facilitated through the technology gateway.
- Coordinate with research associates and principle investigators, to oversee and project manage industrial client relationships from project initiation through to delivery to agreed time scales and standards.
- Deliver outputs on agreed industry technology themes; deliver on required Enterprise Ireland metrics & any new directions / themes as agreed with the Technology Gateway Steering Committee.
- Report on a regular basis to the Technology Gateway Manager and on request the VP of Research & Innovation on the performance of the Gateway.
Salary Scale: €48,493 with annual increments (Analogous to Grade VII scale)
Interested applicants should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae including a personal statement as to how you meet the requirements of the post described to email@example.com
The Human Resources Department
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
Telephone No. + 353 91 742766/742767/742740
Latest date for receipt of completed application is: 12 noon on Friday, 18th May 2018.
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Candidates must hold a valid work permit/hosting agreement to work in Ireland.
Garda Vetting will apply.
The Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras trí Ghaeilge.